Treasure Mart, Ann Arbor, MICHIGAN
Rather than wait until the region is sufficiently thawed-out to hold an outdoor flea market, the Ann Arbor-Detroit area is home to a year-round, three-story emporium of beautiful vintage goods.
Not technically a flea market by design but thoroughly so in spirit, the Treasure Mart contains 8,500 square feet of delightfully curated and highly organized mid-century home furnishings, vintage clothing, costume jewelry, ceramics, dishware, and loads of small, inexpensive kitsch.
Housed in a historic building that was once a mid-19th century planing mill, the Treasure Mart also has an outdoor area full of vintage patio furniture spanning a few decades. Definitely a must do if you’re near Ann Arbor.
Here are some facts and figures provided by the staff:
- Number of new things put out each day: roughly 2,000.
- How long items stay in store: 75% sold within 30 days.
- Most expensive item: $5200 Georg Jensen flatware collection. Long ago, they sold a Biedermeier bedroom set for $8,000; it would fetch $30,000 today.
- Least expensive item: 25 cent postcard.
- Craziest thing to ever come through the door: A human head which came from an estate sale from a UM anthropologist who had a skull from one of his excavations.
Where: 529 Detroit St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
When: Monday 9:00 am – 05:30 pm / Tuesday 9:00 am – 05:30 pm / Wednesday 9:00 am – 05:30 pm / Thursday 9:00 am – 05:30 pm / Friday 9:00 am – 05:30 pm / Saturday 9:00 am – 05:30 pm
Phone: +1 734-662-1363