Mauerpark Flea Market - Berlin, GERMANY
For bargain hunters or those who are just happy to browse, a stroll through one of Berlin´s bustling flea markets is a great way to spend a sunny Sunday morning. Beside the usual stock of second hand books, clothing, records and bric-a-brac which you would expect to find at flea markets across the world, keep an eye out for Russian icons, or freshly pickled Spreewald gherkins.
And if you want to try out some authentic German leather shorts (Lederhosen), you´ll save a few Euros (and a lot of chafing) if you buy a pair which has already been broken in.
Open every Sunday since 2004 and located on the left or Eastern edge of Prenzlauer Berg’s Mauerpark (literally: Wall Park, or Park Where the Wall Ran), the Flohmarkt am Mauerpark is populated not only by some younger hipsters, but also the more international, grunge-yuppies of the neighborhood. While a newcomer to the Berlin flea market scene, it is becoming a quick favorite. The loose grid stalls populate the western side of the park and offer a collection of new and vintage fashions, vinyl CD’s, GDR memorabilia and antiques, bicycles and other knick-knacks.
Like the Arkonaplatz Flea Market, the goods found here range from private household assortments to professional local designer stuffs. Cruise down Oderbergerstrasse afterwards for a good coffee or brunch. Read more about Flea markets in Berlin >
Where: Bernauer Strasse 63-64 , 13355 Berlin – Prenzlauer Berg | U2 Eberswalderstrasse (mauerparkmarkt.de)
When: Sunday 08.00-18.00
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
- Page 3: Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, GERMANY
- Page 4: Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market, Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 5: IJ-Hallen flea market - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 6: Clignancourt Flea Market (St-Ouen flea market) - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 7: Vanves Flea Market - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 8: Newark International Antiques & Collectors Fair - Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 9: Naschmarkt Flea Market - Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Page 10: Mauerpark Flea Market - Berlin, GERMANY
- Page 11: Ecseri Flea Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) - Budapest, HUNGARY
- Page 12: Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair - West Sussex, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 13: Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair - London, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 14: Porta Portese Flea Market - Rome, ITALY
- Page 15: Mercatone dell’Antiquariato del Naviglio Grande - Milan, ITALY
- Page 16: El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, SPAIN