Ecseri Flea Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) - Budapest, HUNGARY
With a unique, youthful atmosphere, a world-class classical music scene as well as a pulsating night life increasingly appreciated among European youth, an exceptionally rich offering of natural thermal baths, and, last but not least, markets and shops showcasing eclectic collections of true antiques & vintage collectibles, Budapest is one of Europe’s most delightful and enjoyable cities. Due to its scenic setting, its culture and its architecture, it more than deserves its nickname of “Paris of the East”.
Budapest has three major flea markets which are worth visiting. But the Ecseri Flea Market is probably the one you want to visit above all.
The “Ecseri” Flea Market is quite well-known among locals and tourists (you might be already familiar with it even without having visited Budapest yet, as many tourist sites recommend it). It is located a little bit outside of the city center and can be reached in approximately 40 minutes with public transportation from the Central Market Hall. But the visit is worth the ride!
Like most large flea markets and antique fairs, you never know what you will find if you look. Sunday is less crowded than Saturday and many vendors are happy to talk with customers about where something came from, or even what it says.
Everyone speaks enough English to haggle (Haggling is kind of expected but it’s all so much cheaper than you will get at home anyway so I wouldn’t push it; if you get 10% off I’m sure both sides will be very happy). Even if you’re not an early bird like many die-hard antique dealers who show up there at dawn, there is still enough time to see everything (the whole tour generally takes around 2 hours). The Ecseri market is a big Antique-market: there are boothes both outside and inside the place.
The Ecseri Flea Market has much to offer: paintings, furniture, porcelain figure, militaria, old photographs, cameras, vinyls, a lot of jewelery and plenty of things from the last century (too much to list). A real dream for every Vintage-fan. Read more about Flea Markets in Budapest >
Where: Ecseri Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) Nagykőrösi út 156 1194 Budapest
When: weekdays: 08:00-16:00, Saturday: 08:00-15:00, Sunday: 08:00-13:00
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
- Page 3: Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, GERMANY
- Page 4: Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market, Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 5: IJ-Hallen flea market - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 6: Clignancourt Flea Market (St-Ouen flea market) - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 7: Vanves Flea Market - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 8: Newark International Antiques & Collectors Fair - Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 9: Naschmarkt Flea Market - Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Page 10: Mauerpark Flea Market - Berlin, GERMANY
- Page 11: Ecseri Flea Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) - Budapest, HUNGARY
- Page 12: Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair - West Sussex, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 13: Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair - London, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 14: Porta Portese Flea Market - Rome, ITALY
- Page 15: Mercatone dell’Antiquariato del Naviglio Grande - Milan, ITALY
- Page 16: El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, SPAIN