Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair - West Sussex, UNITED KINGDOM
Ardingly International Antiques and Collectors Fair, is one of the top vintage and antiques fairs and flea market in England, and the largest in the south of England. Its proximity to the Channel means vendors come from continental Europe and further east to sell here, and buyers come even from Asia and North America! Up to 1,700 stalls housing thousands of goods – from fine antique furniture to delicate ceramics – are displayed at the Ardingly International Antiques and Collectors Fair.
As a matter of facts, the antiques fair has a reputation as one of the UK antique fairs where quality European decorative items can be found.
The setting of this substantial flea market is almost pastoral – and its great appeal is that you can find just about anything. It embraces the traditional antiques trade (fine china, silver, jewellery, paintings), collectors (stamps, coins, postcards), the fast-growing vintage crowd, fans of rustic, primitive and everyday objects, and decor and design types, looking for unusual bits of furniture or quirky accent pieces.
With a combination of inside and outdoor stands, this mid week fair is the perfect opportunity to indulge in a little vintage shopping.
Where: Ardingly International Antiques and Collectors Fair, South of England Showground (01636 702326, iacf.co.uk).
When: Tuesday-Wednesday, up to seven times a year. Entry £20 Tuesday, £5 Wednesday
Source: Vintage and Antique Fairs of England by Sandy Price/IACF
Read: more about Flea markets and antique fairs in England
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
- Page 3: Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, GERMANY
- Page 4: Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market, Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 5: IJ-Hallen flea market - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 6: Clignancourt Flea Market (St-Ouen flea market) - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 7: Vanves Flea Market - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 8: Newark International Antiques & Collectors Fair - Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 9: Naschmarkt Flea Market - Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Page 10: Mauerpark Flea Market - Berlin, GERMANY
- Page 11: Ecseri Flea Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) - Budapest, HUNGARY
- Page 12: Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair - West Sussex, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 13: Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair - London, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 14: Porta Portese Flea Market - Rome, ITALY
- Page 15: Mercatone dell’Antiquariato del Naviglio Grande - Milan, ITALY
- Page 16: El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, SPAIN