Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair - London, UNITED KINGDOM
Built in 1873 as a place of leisure for the public, north London’s Alexandra Palace sits on a hill looking south over the city. For more than 25 years, its bright and airy Great Hall has served as the setting for a large and impressive flea market, the Antiques, Collectors, 20th-century and Art Deco fair. As its name suggests, it focuses on 20th-century collectibles alongside more traditional antiques.
Ceramics, by producers such Clarice Cliff, Susie Cooper, Carlton Ware, SylvaC, Poole, Midwinter, Hornsea and Ridgway, are featured here, as are glassware, jewellery, early plastics, advertising items and toys.
The Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair is the biggest event of its kind in London, with up to 600 stands which offer a vast array of items, ranging from porcelain to furniture, to toys. Art-deco design is particularly popular, featuring chromeware, glass, clocks, lamps, figurines, tea services, prints and posters. A number of vendors specialise in vintage clothing and accessories – handbags, fur coats, compacts – and some carry 1960s and 1970s kitchenware, catering to an appetite for that period among a younger clientele.
Where: Alexandra Palace Antiques, Collectors, 20th-century and Art Deco fair, Alexandra Palace Way, Wood Green (01263 888111, nelsonevents.co.uk, iacf.co.uk).
When: Sundays, four times a year. Entry £6
Read: more about Flea markets and antique fairs in England
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
- Page 3: Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, GERMANY
- Page 4: Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market, Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 5: IJ-Hallen flea market - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 6: Clignancourt Flea Market (St-Ouen flea market) - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 7: Vanves Flea Market - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 8: Newark International Antiques & Collectors Fair - Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 9: Naschmarkt Flea Market - Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Page 10: Mauerpark Flea Market - Berlin, GERMANY
- Page 11: Ecseri Flea Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) - Budapest, HUNGARY
- Page 12: Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair - West Sussex, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 13: Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair - London, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 14: Porta Portese Flea Market - Rome, ITALY
- Page 15: Mercatone dell’Antiquariato del Naviglio Grande - Milan, ITALY
- Page 16: El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, SPAIN