Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
Each first weekend of September, Lille (in Northern France) becomes the worldwide capital of flea markets and bargain-hunting, while offering a unique opportunity to every visitor to (re) discover the colorful Flemish city with its exuberant architecture, witness of the rich commercial past of Lille. And this year is no exception, as the Grande Braderie will take place during two days, between Saturday 2 September 2017 – Sunday 3 September 2017.
The Grande Braderie de Lille fair is the place to find that hidden gem (the “perle rare” as French people would say), harvest nice vintage & retro items in large quantities, and especially to immerse oneself in an atmosphere that reflects the city itself: warm, friendly and festive, especially through the tasting of the traditional “moules frites” (mussels with french fries).
In 2015, no less than two and a half million visitors walked the city streets to the sound of music and to the many events organized over the week-end.
Where: Lille, FRANCE
When: Saturday September 2nd 2017 – Sunday September 3rd 2017
Read: Save the Date: Grande Braderie de Lille 2017
Accommodation in Lille – Braderie 2017
As two million visitors flock to Lille, it is essential to plan your stay in Lille as much in advance as possible, in order to find a hotel near Braderie de Lille. From classy hotels, apartments to canal side boats, Lille offers a diverse choice of hotels. Make a reservation today for your upcoming stay at the Braderie de Lille and get instant confirmation with FREE cancellation on most rooms with booking.com.
The Grande Braderie de Lille in numbers
the number of days during which the Grande Braderie runs (Saturday September 5th 2015 – Sunday September 6th 2015)
the number of kilometers of stands spread all over Lille during the Grande Braderie.
the number of tons of mussels consumed during the 2009 Grande Braderie de Lille (together with 30 tons of french fries!). “Moules frites” are a traditional dish of the Grande Braderie de Lille; every year, restaurants in the city embark on a challenge during the whole event: to stack the biggest pile of empty mussel shells outside of the restaurant!
the year the Grande Braderie de Lille was first mentioned in a written record! What a lasting tradition.
the number of vendors selling at the Grande Braderie de Lille.
the number of counterfeit items seized by customs in 2010 during the event.
2 000 000
the number of visitors at the Grande Braderie de Lille in 2013. In comparison, the Braderie du Canal Saint-Martin in Rennes (Western France), the second largest antique fair in France welcomes about 400,000 visitors each year (last Wednesday of June).
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
- Page 3: Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, GERMANY
- Page 4: Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market, Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 5: IJ-Hallen flea market - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 6: Clignancourt Flea Market (St-Ouen flea market) - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 7: Vanves Flea Market - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 8: Newark International Antiques & Collectors Fair - Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 9: Naschmarkt Flea Market - Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Page 10: Mauerpark Flea Market - Berlin, GERMANY
- Page 11: Ecseri Flea Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) - Budapest, HUNGARY
- Page 12: Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair - West Sussex, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 13: Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair - London, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 14: Porta Portese Flea Market - Rome, ITALY
- Page 15: Mercatone dell’Antiquariato del Naviglio Grande - Milan, ITALY
- Page 16: El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, SPAIN