Naschmarkt Flea Market - Vienna, AUSTRIA
Vienna has various flea markets and one impressive “antiques” district (1st district/bezirk) where antique dealers and Vienna’s auction house, the Dorotheum, are located. However, if you’re more looking forward to finding a mind boggling range of antique stuff right from local food items to old furniture to trinkets of jewellery and what not at throw away prices at these flea markets in Vienna, Vienna’s flea market & Naschmarkt is the place where you want to go.
Arguably the most popular market in Vienna, the Naschmarkt is among the oldest market in the city, and covers a huge area while offering almost everything that you can think of.
If you are interested in diverse international food items, then head to this flea market. You can find fresh Asian shrimps, Italian cheese, spices, olives and all sorts of fruits. The great part is that none of these will burn a hole in your pocket.
Located just adjacent to the Naschmarkt, Vienna Flohmarkt am Naschmarkt (the german word for “flea market”) is Vienna’s largest flea market and one of the best flea markets in Europe. Surrounded by magnificent Art Nouveau buildings, it stretches for several blocks of stands hawking books, clothes, records, ancient electrical goods, old postcards, ornaments, carpets and many more, including what many would consider junk.
The flea market has space for 400 exhibitors, half of which are reserved for Vienna’s antique dealers and is a great attraction for lovers of everything old and bizarre…
Individuals can offer objects for sale, too, and there is a large variety of things sold: high-quality collector’s items and furniture in need of minor restoration work as well as books, second-hand clothes, curiosities and junk. Its multicultural atmosphere attracts in equal proportions flea market enthusiasts, treasure hunters and tourists.
Where: Kettenbrückengasse 1060 Vienna, AUSTRIA
When: every Saturday, 06:30 – 18:00
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
- Page 3: Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, GERMANY
- Page 4: Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market, Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 5: IJ-Hallen flea market - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 6: Clignancourt Flea Market (St-Ouen flea market) - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 7: Vanves Flea Market - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 8: Newark International Antiques & Collectors Fair - Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 9: Naschmarkt Flea Market - Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Page 10: Mauerpark Flea Market - Berlin, GERMANY
- Page 11: Ecseri Flea Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) - Budapest, HUNGARY
- Page 12: Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair - West Sussex, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 13: Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair - London, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 14: Porta Portese Flea Market - Rome, ITALY
- Page 15: Mercatone dell’Antiquariato del Naviglio Grande - Milan, ITALY
- Page 16: El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, SPAIN