Each year more than 15,000 flea markets and garage sales across France, gather crowds of fans and onlookers in search of a bargain, a rare item, a decorating idea or a souvenir. Paris regularly makes it to the top of the list of must-see flea markets, with the famous St Ouen Flea Market and Porte de Vanves Flea Market. And most major cities in France also have some pretty decent flea markets, like those featured in our article “Flea Market: 23 best flea markets in France”.
However, which ones are really worth driving hundreds of miles? If you had to pick a handful of them, which one would they be?
If you don’t have the possibility nor the time to buzz around from one flea market to another (small flea markets in the countryside can be real goldmines… but they’re small), a general rule of thumb is to go for major fairs that happen once or twice a year. Yes, they’ll be crowded with people looking for a bargain just like you do, and haggling with merchants may require more skills and determination than anywhere else. But they are truly massive events gathering thousands of vendors who come from nearby regions or even all over the country.
We’ve listed below the 9 largest flea markets & garage sales around France that should not be missed this year:
9 Biggest Flea Markets in France
- Grande Braderie de Lille (Northern France)
- Braderie du Canal Saint-Martin in Rennes (Western France)
- Réderie d’Amiens (Northern France)
- Bric-à-Brac de Marsac (Western France)
- Foire aux Puces de Crèvecœur-le-Grand (Northern France)
- Braderie de Houilles (Paris & Nearby Counties)
- Braderie de Strasbourg (Eastern France)
- Grande Foire à Tout des Andelys (Normandy)
- Farfouille de Leyment (South-Eastern France)
Click on the links to find out more about these 9 biggest flea markets in France. We have compiled reviews with useful information that will help you plan your visit to these one-of-a-kind markets.
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Grande Braderie de Lille (Northern France)
- Page 3: Braderie du Canal Saint-Martin in Rennes (Western France)
- Page 4: Réderie d'Amiens (Northern France)
- Page 5: Braderie de Houilles (Paris & Nearby Counties)
- Page 6: Braderie de Strasbourg (Eastern France)
- Page 7: Grande Foire à Tout des Andelys (Normandy)
- Page 8: Farfouille de Leyment (South Eastern France) - SUSPENDED
- Page 9: Bric-à-Brac de Marsac (Western France)
- Page 10: Foire aux Puces de Crèvecœur-le-Grand (Northern France)