Travelling in Europe provides this incomparable experience of being able to wander between centuries, cultures and a variety of landscapes from a handful of locations that can be rallied in just a couple of hours in train or by car.
It is truly in the heart of its cities that you’ll find the epitome of European culture. Topping the list, the romantic cities of Paris and Rome welcome lovers from around the the world, Barcelona and Berlin tireless party-goers, and London and Amsterdam travelers craving for artistic eclecticism.
However, if you’re planning a trip to Europe in 2015, there are maybe a few other things you might wish to do besides visiting monuments, touring museums, partying and savoring the local food. For instance, how about visiting some of the best flea markets in the world? France, the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Spain are among the most antiques-aware and flea market friendly locations in the world.
The ideal playground for city-breakers, the Old Continent offers a network of very well connected cosmopolitan and culturally rich cities. Its railway network (Thalys, Eurostar, TGV, DB) is one of the most modern and best connected in the world; you can for instance start you trip in London by visiting Portobello Road flea market and Brick Lane flea market (DAY 1), grab the Eurostar to Paris and visit les Puces de Clignancourt and the Vanves flea market (DAY 2), and then take the TGV to Lille (DAY 3), Brussels (DAY 3) and then reach Amsterdam (DAY 4).
But enough of logistic for now.
Enjoy our ranking of what we consider being the Top 15 mega European flea markets you absolutely MUST visit in 2015. And don’t hesitate to share your feedback with us in the comments section below, if there’s anything we forgot to include in this flea market listing/ranking or if you want to share your own advice and experience.
** IMPORTANT **
This review has been divided into 16 pages to make it easier to jump quickly from one page to the other. By clicking on any of the link featured in the table of Contents below, you’ll be able to land directly on the page of your interest. You can alternatively use the “Continue” link, featured below the sharing buttons, to load the next page.
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
- Page 3: Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, GERMANY
- Page 4: Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market, Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 5: IJ-Hallen flea market - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- Page 6: Clignancourt Flea Market (St-Ouen flea market) - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 7: Vanves Flea Market - Paris, FRANCE
- Page 8: Newark International Antiques & Collectors Fair - Nottinghamshire, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 9: Naschmarkt Flea Market - Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Page 10: Mauerpark Flea Market - Berlin, GERMANY
- Page 11: Ecseri Flea Market (Ecseri Bolhapiac) - Budapest, HUNGARY
- Page 12: Ardingly Antiques and Collectors Fair - West Sussex, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 13: Alexandra Palace Antiques & Collectors Fair - London, UNITED KINGDOM
- Page 14: Porta Portese Flea Market - Rome, ITALY
- Page 15: Mercatone dell’Antiquariato del Naviglio Grande - Milan, ITALY
- Page 16: El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, SPAIN