If you’re planning a trip to Europe in 2014, there are maybe a few other things you will want to do apart from visiting monuments, touring museums and savoring the local food. For instance, how about dropping by at one (or some) of the biggest flea market(s) in Europe? France, the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Spain are among the most antiques-aware and flea market friendly locations in the world.
One of the great things about Europe, is that its railway network is one of the most modern and best connected worldwide; you can thus for instance (day 1) land in the UK, shop in London, grab the Eurostar to Paris (day 2), do a little flea market shopping there, and then take the Thalys to go to Lille (day 3), Brussels (day 3) and then Amsterdam (day 4). But enough of logistic for now.
Enjoy our ranking of what we consider being the Top 15 mega European flea markets you absolutely MUST visit in 2014. Don’t hesitate to share with us your feedback in the comments section below, if there’s anything we forgot to include in this flea market listing/ranking or if you want to share your own advices and experience. Happy reading!
- 1. Intro
- 2. Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, FRANCE
- 3. Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, GERMANY
- 4. Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
- 5. The Antiques Market/flea market in Arezzo - Arezzo, ITALY
- 6. Portobello Road Flea Market - London, UNITED KINGDOM
- 7. Waterloo Flea Market - Waterloo, BELGIUM
- 8. Carmagnola Flea Market - Turin, ITALY
- 9. Paris Flea Market - Paris, FRANCE
- 10. Cormano Flea Market - Cormano, ITALY
- 11. Brussels Flea Market - Brussels, BELGIUM
- 12. Alba flea market - Alba, ITALY
- 13. El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, SPAIN
- 14. Lake Maggiore flea market - Borgo D’Ale, ITALY
- 15. Namur flea market - Namur, BELGIUM
- 16. Mirepoix flea market, Auriac-sur-Vendinelle, FRANCE