If you’re planning a trip to Europe in 2016, there are maybe a few other things you will want to do apart from visiting monuments, touring museums and savoring the local food. For instance, how about dropping by at one (or some) of the biggest flea market(s) in Europe? France, the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Spain are among the most antiques-aware and flea market friendly locations in the world.
One of the great things about Europe, is that its railway network (Thalys, Eurostar, TGV, DB) is one of the most modern and best connected worldwide; you can thus for instance land in London to shop at the Portobello Road flea market or at the Brick Lane flea market (DAY 1), grab the Eurostar to Paris and visit les Puces de Clignancourt and the Vanves flea market (DAY 2), and then take the TGV to Lille (DAY 3), Brussels (DAY 3) and then reach Amsterdam (DAY 4). But enough of logistic for now.
Enjoy our ranking of what we consider being the Top 15 mega European flea markets you absolutely MUST visit in 2016.
Don’t hesitate to share with us your feedback in the comments section below, if there’s anything we forgot to include in this flea market listing/ranking or if you want to share your own advices and experience. Happy reading!
** IMPORTANT **
This review has been divided into 16 pages to make it easier to jump quickly from one page to the other. By clicking on any of the link featured in the table of Contents below, you’ll be able to land directly on the page of your interest. You can alternatively use the “Continue” link, featured below the sharing buttons, to load the next page.
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Braderie de Lille Flea Market: The Biggest Flea Market in Europe - Lille, France
- Page 3: Munich’s giant flea market - Munich, Germany
- Page 4: Vrijmarkt Amsterdam flea market - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Page 5: The Antiques Market/flea market in Arezzo - Arezzo, Italy
- Page 6: Portobello Road Flea Market - London, United Kingdom
- Page 7: Waterloo Flea Market - Waterloo, Belgium
- Page 8: Carmagnola Flea Market - Turin, Italy
- Page 9: Paris Flea Market - Paris, France
- Page 10: Cormano Flea Market - Cormano, Italy
- Page 11: Brussels Flea Market - Brussels, Belgium
- Page 12: Alba flea market - Alba, Italy
- Page 13: El Rastro Flea Markets - Madrid, Spain
- Page 14: Lake Maggiore flea market - Borgo D’Ale, Italy
- Page 15: Ciney Expo flea market - Cyney, Belgium
- Page 16: Mirepoix flea market, Auriac-sur-Vendinelle, France