Brooklyn Flea - Brooklyn, NEW YORK
As the borough continues to rival and perhaps surpass Manhattan as a cultural epicenter, Brooklynites needed a quality flea market of their own – and got one of the best flea markets in the United States. Founded in April 2008, Brooklyn Flea has grown into one of New York City’s preeminent spots to score vintage furniture, décor, vintage clothing, handmade goods, collectibles and antiques. The New York Times called the flea market “One of the great urban experiences in New York”, and it is regularly ranked as one of the best markets in the US.
2017 update: After a brief stint in Williamsburg, Saturday’s edition of Brooklyn Flea moved to SOHO. For almost a decade, the iconic Brooklyn flea market was held in Fort Greene before moving to East River State Park in April 2017. After only a few weeks of activity there the market had to be shut down due to neighbors’ complaints about overcrowding the park. In fact, the flea market was originally planned to be organized alongside Saturday’s edition of popular Smorgasburg – a huge food market, fulfilling every foodie’s dream. While Smorgasburg still takes place in East River State Park, the Brooklyn Flea’s Saturday market is now taking place (since August 2017) in SOHO.
Brooklyn Flea’s smaller Sunday market in DUMBO is still operating and definitely worth a visit. Right under the Manhattan bridge, 80 vendors of vintage, antiques, handmade items and food gather in a unique, historic neighborhood setting. The market is open every week, rain or shine, and is dog-friendly.
In winter (November through March), the Brooklyn Flea is held indoors. The location is a historic landmark known as Skylight One Hanson (the former Brooklyn bank built in the 1920s), showcasing limestone and marble interiors with intricate mosaics. The location itself will make your visit worthwhile.
(Brooklyn Flea pictures about taken at previous editions of the market, at a now discontinued location.)
DUMBO flea market:
Where: Anchorage Place NY US (show on Fleamapket)
When: Every Sunday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (April through November)
Brooklyn Flea Soho:
Where: 100 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY US (show on Fleamapket)
When: Every Saturday + Sunday from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. (April through November)
Brooklyn Flea in winter:
Where: Skylight One Hanson, 1 Hanson Place, Brooklyn, NY.
When: Every Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m (November through March).
Phone: +1 718-928-6603
For more information about NYC’s best flea markets, read our article Flea Markets in New York, featuring our favorite 12 flea markets in Manhattan, Williamsburg and Brooklyn! You can also view NYC’s best flea markets on our interactive map on fleamapket.com.
Our interactive travel guide features the best flea markets in Manhattan as well as more up-and-coming neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Williamsburg, to help you find everything from vintage furniture to nostalgic memorabilia, old books, accessories, clothing and retro decorative items.
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Lincoln Road Antique & Collectible Market - Miami, FLORIDA
- Page 3: Brooklyn Flea - Brooklyn, NEW YORK
- Page 4: Rose Bowl Flea Market - Pasadena, CALIFORNIA
- Page 5: Brimfield Antique Show - Brimfield, MASSACHUSETTS
- Page 6: Renninger's - Mount Dora, FLORIDA
- Page 7: Kane County Flea Market - St Charles, ILLINOIS
- Page 8: Golden Nugget Antique Market - Lambertville, NEW JERSEY
- Page 9: Melrose Trading Post - Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA
- Page 10: Alameda Flea Market - Alameda, CALIFORNIA + Bonus: Top 10 San Francisco Bay Area Flea Markets
- Page 11: Long Beach Outdoor Antique and Collectible Market - Long Beach, CALIFORNIA
- Page 12: Texas Antique Weekend, from Fayetteville to Carmine, TEXAS
- Page 13: Hartville Marketplace & Flea Market, Hartville, OHIO
- Page 14: Nashville Flea Market (The Fairgrounds Nashville) - Nashville, TENNESSEE
- Page 15: First Monday Trade Days - Canton, TEXAS
- Page 16: Raleigh Flea Market - Raleigh, NORTH CAROLINA
- Page 17: Shipshewana Auction & Flea Market - Shipshewana, INDIANA
- Page 18: Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market - Springfield, OHIO
- Page 19: 127 Corridor Sale - Cumberland Plateau, TENNESSEE
- Page 20: Grand Bazaar NYC - New York City, NEW YORK
- Page 21: Hells Kitchen Flea Market - New York City, NEW YORK